Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 (2011)

I gave this 5 of 5 stars and a 100% on RT. What an Incredible film, and what an incredible experience. Today was the culmination of a decade of films for not just me but for millions of people. This film was an emotional and engaging film right from the start. You were captivated throughout the entire conclusion of the series and reminded of little things along the way almost as a direct tribute to all the movies before it. It's hard to watch without shedding a tear or two as like me most people watching have invested a large portion of their lives watching these movies. David Yates did not let me down, now I don't read the books, I never have but I do watch movies, a lot of them and I was fully satisfied at the end of the movie and at the end of the series. Everything was wrapped up nicely and when I watch these movies every holiday season for the rest of my life it will so satisfying to watch all 8 movies on Blu-Ray from start to finish. I don't want to go too much into plot points because I don't want to spoil anything just know that if you're going to see this it's almost impossible not to like it. In the end all I was left with was my jaw dropped at the end of one of the greatest stories ever told and my eyes with a tear, not only from the incredible visuals this last potter offering gives, but a tear for saying goodbye to a boy who 10 years ago I asked Harry who? What's all this about, I went I found out what he and it was all about and I never, ever looked back. There is not one bad film out the entire lot of them and that is no easy task when you're talking about 8 movies. In the end all I can say is Goodbye Harry, I'm going to miss you and thanks for all the memories. I will see you and the gang every holiday season until the day I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment