Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Green Lantern (2011)

I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars and rate it a 80% although its closer to 75% but you can't rate in those numbers so 80 it is. Perhaps I am biased due to my love of the Green Lantern comics, but I just can not agree with the critics on this one. I don't know what they were expecting, its a comic book movie. It's not like the recent trend started by Nolan in Batman Begins nor the modern super hero masterpiece The Dark Knight, but it never tries to be either. The Green Lantern is not a hero who lends himself well to a real world take, so the filmmakers had some fun & made a great super hero movie to watch that reminds us of old school super hero fun and the 3-D effects were rockin' It's not my favorite super hero movie this year, that belongs to X-Men:First Class, but its right up there with Thor for me as a fun trip to the movies. Grab the popcorn, enjoy the effects and don't read to much into it. It stays true to the comics & has a really great villain performance (Skarsgard) Highly recommended for comic fans, recommended for everyone else. Also if faced with the choice of 3-D or not, go for it with this one, its worth the extra cash, and is a delight for the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment