Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Apocalypse Now 2-Disc Blu-Ray

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning", or should I say afternoon since I am viewing Apocalypse Now Redux on Blu-Ray this afternoon to close out my war movie session. Saved the best for last, I am about to descend into madness over the quality of this disc. Fans of the film should upgrade if ever given the chance. Never has anything so disturbing looked so beautiful!

Never have I seen black levels look this good, I was leary about replacing my Complete Dossier edition, but this is one of the best blu-ray upgrade one could make. Colors leap off the screen and I don't know how but this transfer looks every bit as good as some new release modern movie blu-ray's and for a movie that won an Oscar for Cinematography it deserves nothing less. The audio is even better than the PQ. Its lossless audio track is outstanding, as it should be as it won an Oscar for sound and it shows in this release. When the napalm blast went off I think it set off my car alarm outside.The special features will keep you going for hours, both new and old. This is a super solid presentation with everything you need. Great movie, perfect Blu-Ray release. I don't see how this film could ever look any better than it does here.

No comments:

Post a Comment