Wednesday, September 14, 2011

O Brother Where Art Thou? Blu-Ray

I give the Picture Quality on this disc a 5 out of 5 and a 5 out of 5 for the DTS 5.1 Master Audio. The overall rating of this disc easily give a 5 out of 5.



When I picked this up last night I didn’t really know what to expect on picture quality other than I know almost all of the Coen Brothers Blu-Ray releases look incredible. Well I am happy to report that this one is no different. This is one of my all-time favorite movies by the Coens and just in general and one of my favorite movie soundtracks of all time as well so I was hoping it would get the golden treatment and from what I saw this afternoon it did. I have not seen black levels that could look any better than this film; it is on par with Alien for the best black levels I have ever seen. The Night time camping scenes in this movie looked every bit as good as any new release in fact it may have looked a little better. It is clear a lot of time and care went into this transfer and you can tell it looks fantastic. All of the desired intent on the Coens designed color schemes to the great shots that got it nominated for a cinematography Oscar. Every aspect of the video looked great! The DTS Master Audio is just as great, every note of the soundtrack is heard in crystal clear tones. The gunshots that ring out from Baby face Nelsons car to thunder crashes when they are about to be hanged it all sounds so extremely good. When the Soggy Bottom boys take the stage so does this audio mix. Its great presentation all the way around and on Par with the Coens best and most recent releases. The only real disappointment was lack of the special features, sure they tossed in a few but this upgrade is purely for the visual and audio. If you love this movie then run out immediately and get it, it looks every bit as good as you hoped it would. The upgrade is well worth it, if you don’t own this movie on DVD and are looking to get it now is the perfect time. I was turned off at first on the spendy price tag on it, I would have liked to see it about 5 dollars cheaper but after watching it I am perfectly satisfied and it is surprisingly one of the best looking Blu-Ray's I have in my collection, and believe me folks I have a lot of blu ray discs, just look at my HT photos. This disc is very highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment