Thursday, September 27, 2012

Marvel's The Avengers Blu-Ray

I rate this film a 5 out of 5 Stars and this Blu-Ray a 4.95 out of 5



I purchased my 4 disc 3D Blu Ray combo pack with bonus soundtrack download at as soon as I could get my hands on it at midnight and have already watched it twice so far. I have made it no secret that this movie was/is my favorite film of the year thus far. I love love love it for multiple reasons and the blu ray does not disappoint. It’s framed in a 1.79 aspect ratio that fills up every inch of your television no matter the size and it looks pristine. My only nitpick and it really is a nitpick is that I found some scenes to be a bit dark and some of the detail is lost but that’s about it. It also looks really really clean, and in a couple of instances Thor’s costume looked plastic and you felt like it was a movie costume as opposed to a super hero costume. Again though these are small complaints, other than that it is flawless. It also manages to really bring the thunder when it comes to the discs 7.1 DTS MA track. It literally will shake your house. Heavy on the bass and crystal clear dialogue that never gets lost in the action. Totally immersive sound. The only real disappointment was the special features or lack thereof. I tore through them in an hour and that’s being generous. Only 15 min of deleted scenes and some of them were not even finished. Still enjoyable though and two featurettes, also enjoyable but very brief. I smell the eventual double dip super special directors cut edition to come out in about six months or so. But hands down this is a must own disc and one THE must own discs of the year to go with its stance as one of if not the best movie event of the year. Summer popcorn blockbuster and genuine good flick. As stated earlier it is still my favorite movie I have seen all year. I have seen it 7 times total so far and could just as easily watch it again right now. I look forward to watching all of the phase one films in order of release here very soon. Marvels movie integration is truly revolutionary in feeding the fans frenzy for more superhero goodness and their credits snippets are always a fun edition. This Blu-ray is worth every penny and will be watched many, many times!   

No comments:

Post a Comment